Monday, August 24, 2009

Weekend Up North

Redders had another fun weekend up at the cabin! It was a pretty chilly weekend though... only got into the mid-60's and was overcast and off-and-on rainy the whole time. So we only took one cruise around the lake and no one tubed this time - even though the water was warmer than the air temp!

Red was super-excited to go - as soon as he saw his lifejacket, he knew where we were going and hopped up into the truck eagerly. But when it was time to go home, he WOULD NOT get into the truck! He laid down on the ground like a kid would do.. "But mooomm, I don't WANT to go home yet!!"

He did better on the boat this time - wasn't acting as psycho as last time. So that's good. Maybe because we were all just chillin and no one was jumping in or tubing or anything. He HATES anyone being in the water without him.

It was just me, James, Red, Dad, Deb and Bella this time. It was a nice, relaxing visit. Since it was cooler, we just hung out, watched TV and sat around the fire eating s'mores and BSing - my kind of vacation! =D

Anyway, here are some pics. (click thumbnails to enlarge)


In the morning... "Can I help make breakfast?"

Photobucket


Helping his grandpa make breakfast by doing what he does best... standing in the way.

Photobucket


Later in the day... "Mom, dad won't let me help with the grill" :(

Photobucket


"Can we go down to the water now, plz??"

Photobucket


Chasing waves

Photobucket


Here's a video of Red chasing waves. Halfway through, my dad comes down and I don't think the dogs recognized him at first, lol




"ok can we PLEASE go on the boat now??"

Photobucket


Hanging out

Photobucket


Checking things out with James

Photobucket


Red and Belle... "You have treats, yes?"

Photobucket


Before Belle fell in... which is why I make Red wear a lifejacket!

Photobucket


"How come you're not getting in the water, mom?"

Photobucket


"Can't this thing go any faster? Let me drive!"

Photobucket


"ok I'm tired, let's go back now"

Photobucket


"Turn the light out... I'm a tired puppers."

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: