Sunday, January 24, 2010

RE Title!

Well we did it - qualified for the last leg of our RE title today =) We didn't place this time... a score of 87. Would've had a 97 if we wouldn't have screwed up the Back Up 3 Steps station. For one, it was right after a jump, which is ridiculous in itself. We tried it the first time, and Red moved out of position. Turned around, tried it again, and he did the same thing. So I said "screw it" and just took the IP for 10 points. god I HATE that freaking station, lol... oh well, we still qualified so that's all I care!

I was saying in yesterday's post about how big the venue was - that it was like something you see on TV. I've never been to this large of a show before so it was really cool.

*Click thumbnails to enlarge photos*

Here's the crating area for the obedience/rally rings. You can see Red sitting in front of his crate.

Photobucket


Red in front of the obedience rings

Photobucket


Just one of the grooming areas for the conformation dogs

Photobucket


Some of the conformation rings

Photobucket

Photobucket


A weight pulling demonstration with Alaskan Malamutes

Photobucket


The duck herding ring

Photobucket


The crating area for the flyball teams

Photobucket


Flyball - this was really cool to watch, and so exciting!

Photobucket

Photobucket


I didn't get a professional photo for our RE title (the nutcase photographer wanted $50 to email me a digital file! what a ripoff!) so I had some random bystander take our photo instead :)

Photobucket


And no completion of a title would be complete without treating Redders to some McDonalds hamburgers! :D (I didn't realize you can see me in the video until I watched it back.. :/ )



(facebook users click here to view the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYhm5JbGNZ4


Red at home showing off all his regular placement and qualifying ribbons (not counting the rosettes) for Rally and Obedience :)

Photobucket

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Congratulations! Good job Red! (and you too!)