Wednesday, October 8, 2008

There's a killer on the loose...

...and his name is RED!!!

ok so Red has been outside for awhile this afternoon, and I occasionally get up to check on him. I hadn't seen him for a little while, so I get up to go see what he's up to... Usually when he hears the backdoor open, he comes flying around the house to greet you, but I opened the door, and nothing. I look around, don't see the dog. I walk down the steps of the deck and see him in the side yard just standing there, watching me. Once he sees that I see him, he puts his ears down, tucks his tail, and runs right at me, then straight past me, up the stairs and into the garage. I'm like "what the hell is going on?" Wierd behavior...

I go to where he was standing and there is HALF of a chipmunk (or maybe squirrel?) on the ground. The back half. I turn around and see Red watching me through the screen of the deck with his ears down and a very guilty look on his face, clearly thinking I'm going to be mad at him. The sight made me chuckle and once he saw I wasn't mad, he came bounding back down the stairs out into the yard all happy.

So I pick up the half a chipmunk, take about 3 steps, and see a dead mouse! OMG all these dead carcasses all over my yard! At least the mouse wasn't severed in two though. Here's a pic (unpleasant but no blood or gore) I took for James who would be very proud of Red the Great Hunter.

I pick them up and throw them over the back fence into the woods, all the while Red running around like the happiest dog on earth. He is clearly very proud of himself. (and happy I wasn't mad at him) LOL I've got a mad rodent killer on my hands!!

No comments: