Monday, May 4, 2009

Red's Weekend and the Tulip Festival

We spent the weekend at my mom and stepdad's house across the state. We had beautiful weather and a great time. Red came with us, and had lots of fun as too!

On Friday night, my parents had a bunch of their friends over and Red was a hit! Before they arrived, my mom told me I should keep Red away from everyone in case they were afraid of him... I sort of ignored her, and this is what happened...

click to enlarge pics
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Vicious, isn't he? It looks like everyone was really afraid... LOL


Anyway, on Saturday we went to the Tulip Festival in Holland, Michigan. My parents only live about 30 minutes away from there, and it was a beautiful day so we decided to check it out again this year.

We went to Windmill Island Gardens which has the De Zwaan Windmill - the only authentic working Dutch windmill in the USA. It is about 240 years old and was shipped here from the Netherlands.

Me, James and Red

Photobucket

Red and the windmill

Photobucket


You can go on a tour of the windmill and see how they make flour inside it, since it is still a working mill. The line was very long, so we waited.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Once we got further up in line, one of the workers told us that dogs were only allowed inside the mill if they were carried. So James jokingly walked up to the door like this..

Photobucket


Since my mom and stepdad have already been inside the mill, they watched Red while James and I took the tour. Here's a zoomed in pic I took of them while up in the mill.

Photobucket

And a pic of James and I on the mill (you can see us there somewhere...)

Photobucket


After we finished with that, there were little tents set up with people selling handmade items, so we meandered through to check everything out. Red got SO much attention! There were constantly people commenting on him, wanting to pet him, and even take pictures of him!



Photobucket

Photobucket


And of course, some pics of Red and some tulips =)

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Red Rain Photography said...

Love your blog! I bet the Tulip Festival was great - and you got some great shots!

I'll definitely be folloeing from here on out. Check out my blog and follow if you like it. My sister-in-law is vet out here in Phoenix and she will love thi photos of the Dobermans!!

TabLVT said...

Thanks so much! How did you find out about my blog? Thanks for following, and I'll definitely be checking out your too =)