Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ate a rawhide roll whole...

I gave Red one of these rawhide chew things yesterday, and he was chewing on it for like 10 minutes, then I went in the other room to feed the cats, came back in the room and the whole thing was gone! I was only gone for maybe 60 seconds, if that. He's had these before and never ate them whole. I'm really worried he's going to obstruct or something.

So far today he's been acting normally and ate his breakfast ok, but I found vomit overnight - some clear liquid and some digested food fluid with what could've been a hairball, but one of my cats is a puker and it could've been him too. But I'm just not sure. I have to work all day and I'm afraid he's going to get sick and I won't know it.

And come to find out, Red's littersister, Didi, ate some kind of foreign object and is now undergoing exploratory surgery. What are the chances they'd both eat something funky like this?? I really hope she does ok, and I really really hope Red passes this damn thing. I'm never giving him one again!!

2 comments:

M.T. said...

I can understand all the worry and concern! Hope Red passes it out soon and everything is confirmed to be fine -- i know you are keeping a good eye on him!

TabLVT said...

So far so good, but I'll be continuing to watch him. Thanks for the reply!