Friday, December 12, 2008

Good work but... grrr

Poor Redders hasn't been out for a walk in a few days (I keep getting home from work after dark) so he was really wound up when I got home. I cut up some dog food roll, nuked it a bit, and put it in my treat pouch, which always gets Red really excited because he knows what that means! Took off his leather collar and put on his chain choke that we work in, and set to work in the computer room where we always work when its cold outside.

Hubby started bitching and moaning about Red being too bouncy and the floor doesn't have support, and blah blah BLAH BLAH BLAH... I don't like to do anything else or talk to anyone while I'm working with the dog because I want Red to have my fullest attention, but DH just would not stop, so I was forced to quit working the dog and proceeded to get into a drawn out argument about who knows what - a bunch of stupid shit not even worth arguing about.

So anyway, training was decent, but I felt we got ripped off. Red was SUPER motivated to work and I couldn't take full advantage of it. Tried to end on a good note, which was difficult with all the BLAH BLAH in my ear... grrrr. oh well... there's always tomorrow, I guess...

No comments: