Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Therapy Visit

Red and I went on a therapy visit today. It's been a long time since we last were on a visit, so I wondered how he was going to be, but he did well. At first he is always bouncy and excited and inevitably bonks the first person he sees (which is usually the receptionist who comes around the desk to greet him), but after awhile he calms down.

One of the places the staff always want me to go is into the dining area where the residents hang out, eat, and watch TV. Which seems like a good place to bring the dog to socialize, but Red knows there is food around and that the people are only too willing to feed it to him, so he constantly has his nose to the ground or is begging for food. So I don't spend very long in the dining room - I prefer taking him around to the individual rooms, where he behaves MUCH better.

Here are some photos of our day. I've never gotten any pics of Red at a therapy visit until now. Some are kinda dark and a little fuzzy.. it's hard to get good shots! And for those wondering, I did ask permission to take photos and the facility and all the residents these pics are of gave their permission =)

click to enlarge

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


How did I do, mom?

Photobucket


Everyone loved him, of course! I am really going to make an effort to do this on a more regular basis. At least monthly, hopefully.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Good for you guys! I love that you are doing something that must make others so happy. Proud of my big sister!

Dawn said...

Great job Red! A worthy thing to do, for sure.

TabLVT said...

Thanks guys! It's great that Red and I can do these kinds of things. Its very rewarding.