Monday, June 15, 2009

Yay for recall!!!

and I'm not talking about the formal obedience recall... I'm talking about calling Red off a DEER today!

We were walking down the trail as usual and suddenly to my left I see something brown and quite big jumping through the brush and trees. For one crazy moment, I thought it was a huge dog, but then I realized it was a large deer. It caught sight of us (or heard us, or both) and starting bounding out ahead and away from us. Red saw and heard it and took off down the trail after it to cut off its path.

He was wearing his e-collar (though I haven't had to stim him in months), and it was turned on and ready, but I sharply said his name once, and he put on the brakes and came right back! I was amazed! I've called him off of rabbits and squirrels before, but nothing like this. He was still all geared up when he came back, but at least he came! So happy with my puppers =)

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Extraordinarily impressive! Am 100% sure Katie wouldn't come back!

Tiffany said...

All that training paying off!