Wednesday, March 11, 2009

New camera, New photos and video

I got a new camera for my birthday :) It's still a point & shoot (not a DSLR), but its an upgraded version of the other one I had. It's a Sony Cybershot DSC-H50. I got an 8GB memory card, a mini tripod, and a nice case with it.

I could tell the photo quality on my old one was deteriorating - I always had to do some sort of photoshopping with the brightness/contrast on them to get them to look halfway decent. And most of the action photos were blurry - I'd get more blurry ones than crisp ones. I guess that's what happens after 10,000+ photos... But the photos with the new camera are perfect - almost no editing necessary except for cropping!

Also, I couldn't zoom in and out during video recording on my old one, and I can on my new one - which is a HUGE bonus. I use the video mode a lot.

Anyway, Red and I took a walk today and I got to try it out for the first time! I freaking LOVE this thing! All the action shots were crystal clear, and I adore the zoom on it - especially during video mode.

Here are the pics - click to enlarge


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

a couple non-action shots

Photobucket

Photobucket


and I really like this one... its Red's footprint and my footprint :)

Photobucket


And the video - behold the power of ZOOM while recording! And I thought it was funny... the pond is still half-frozen, but Red wastes no time in wading into it and laying down, LOL

4 comments:

Lexxsmom said...

UGHHH! Lexx says: GETTT OUUUTT EWWWWW EWWWWWWWW why are you getting so wet in the evil water and dirty and ewwwwwwwwww

( he's a little ocd about being clean...)

Tiffany said...

I cant believe that he wasnt put off by that freezing water.

SwissKnits! said...

Does he actually swim? Obviously when the water is not frozen... I ask because my dobes, when I was a kid, couldn't swim to save themselves...
I'm hoping that my Cooper learns/knows how to swim this summer.

TabLVT said...

In the pond he just goes up to his chest and stand there, but he'll jump off our boat into the middle of the lake and swim around for as long as we'll let him (with his lifejacket on, of course). He's definitely a water dog!