Friday, March 27, 2009

The Wal-Mart Greeter, and stopped by the cops

I decided to start jogging with Red now that its nicer outside and I have no more excuses left not to... James only works about 1.5 miles away, so I like to walk there with Red sometimes. Truth be known, I probably only jogged about 10% of the way (I thought I was going to die), but it was a good start...

We got there and I took Red's leash off and he just wandered around getting pets from everyone James works with. Then it started getting busier in the store and Red greeted every single customer that came in. He reminded me of a Wal-Mart greeter. The door would open, and he would prance over and greet the next person. He got a lot of compliments on what a friendly and nice-looking dog he is. Everyone loved him. We hung out for a bit while I prepared for the walk/jog back, then were on our way again.

On our way back home, an Oakland County sheriff car pulled onto the side of the road where we were on the sidewalk, and the officer asked, "Is that a Doberman??" I said yes, and he said, "Wow, I haven't seen a Doberman in years! They used to be really popular, but now everyone has Rottweilers..." I was too out of breath to really reply, but then the officer said to have a good day and enjoy our walk, then he pulled away again.

It's not the first time a police car has pulled over to see Red, nor the first time for random people to pull over to comment on him. It used to happen a lot more when he was an obvious puppy, but people still slow down and say "beautiful dog!" as they cruise by. I wonder if everyone else walking their dogs gets that much attention?

3 comments:

M.T. said...

LOL i got worried when i read your post title ... then i got to the actual content :D

Don't ya love it when you "stand out" in a "good/nice" way when you have a Doberman? Dante and i get "pullovers" all the time from all sorts of different people lol

TabLVT said...

Yeah it is nice to get positive attention. I agree Red is stunning, but of course I am biased ;)

Lexxsmom said...

Same thing happens here, lots of positive attention, love it.