Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Drawing of Red

About a month ago, someone on DT posted some pencil drawings of a Doberman that they had done. Very impressed with the artistry, I asked if she wanted another project - to do a drawing of Red. She said she sure, and asked me to send her some photos of Red to use. She had been giving me updates on the project's progress over the weeks, and a couple weeks ago she said she had finished it and would mail it to me.

I received it in a tube mailer yesterday. I have been so excited to see what she had come up with, but I was never expecting what I found when I opened the tube, and I gasped audibly as I unrolled the thick paper...

(click to enlarge)
Photobucket

She absolutely captured Red - especially in that headshot. It looks exactly like him! The detail in this piece is outstanding, and I am in utter awe of her skill. And that's saying something considering I am no sketching novice - I have done my fair share of pencil drawings and aced many advanced drawing classes. But I could never have captured him that way she has.

I bought a poster frame for it and hung it on the wall by my desk where all Red's ribbons are displayed. Take a look...

Photobucket

Looks great, doesn't it? Thank you, tacotac from DT!! You ROCK!!! =D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow what a lovely pencil drawing. I am an artist also however I have found pencils to be my enemy and do better with oils and acrylics any day. They did a brilliant job and thumbs up for mastering the pesky pencil!

Lexxsmom said...

i like that you can see the picture that I assume it was drawn off of on the left hand side?

it really is amazing.

TabLVT said...

Thanks, anonymous =)

Lexxsmom, do you mean was the artist right-handed or left-handed? I'm not sure.. I never really thought about it!