Monday, January 26, 2009

Our prize from the holiday contest came!

Back in December, I entered Red's photo in a holiday photo contest through Paco Collars - the place that made his collar/leash set. We won runner-up and a prize was being sent to us =)

I received it in the mail a few days ago, and its a $25 gift certificate for Paco Collars. I picked out this bracelet which they are going to make for me to match Red's brown/silver Pandora collar. So Red and I will match =) I'm super excited and can't wait for 6-8 weeks til it arrives!!

On a very sad note, Paco, the dog for which Paco Collars was created, has passed away in a tragic accident. You can read Ana's blog post about it here. Ana Poe is the founder and owner of Paco Collars, and the one who has always been very helpful and answered all my questions, and makes me want to refer everyone I know to buy her hand-made products. Sshe runs a very successful business, and has done a great job. This loss for her is very sad, and she remains in my thoughts through his difficult time.

2 comments:

M.T. said...

Oh wow that is one neat bracelet! *envy envy envy envy* What an awesome prize!

And yeah, so sad about Paco, i cried when i read the description of how he was found in her blog :( RIP Paco ...

TabLVT said...

Thanks! I'm super duper excited to get it. Not a bad prize for just entering his photo in a contest!

And yeah, poor Paco. What a horrible way for him to die. I an only imagine what Ana is going through right now.