Sunday, February 22, 2009

Today's stuffy-eating update

ok, so he got up with me at 6am, acting perky and normal. Ate his breakfast with the usual gusto. I'm not sure if he pooped or not - he usually runs around our 1.5 acre backyard and poops at the very back fenceline, and it was still dark. I planned on looking for the poop when I got home after work.

My mother-in-law came and checked on him from 10:30-11:00am. She called me at work to tell me he was completely normal, and there were no signs of vomiting or anything. He peed a couple times, but no stool.

James got home at 3pm. I called him from work to see how Red was, and he said he was acting completely normal. I called him back a little after 6pm and he said Red had vomited a large amount of yellow/orange bile liquid sometime between 4-5pm. But was still acting ok. He fed him dinner and he ate it normally. I got home about an hour ago, and Red was bouncy and acting fine. James left the bile spot for me to see, so I cleaned that up. There were no chunks of anything in it - no food, no stuffy or anything.

Then I bundled up to go poop-hunting outside with James' handy police spotlight. It snowed today so I wondered whether I would be able to find any poop from this morning, if there was any. Red came with me and was happily running laps around the yard like normal. After 2 circuits of the entire backyard, and not finding anything, I was getting more worried. Then I realized I didn't hear Red's jingling collar - he had stopped somewhere, which can only mean one thing. I walked over to where I saw him, and he had just laid a fresh steaming pile. Completely normal, formed stool, and a normal amount. I prodded it with a stick and found no evidence of stuffing. I came back in and fed him some more kibble mixed with sweet potato to add fiber and keep things moving along... He ate it with gusto and licked the bowl clean.

I feel a lot better now, seeing that he passed normal stool that was most likely from breakfast this morning. But I'm so confused that there wasn't any stuffing in it... What the hell happened to that arm?? I have seriously searched everything and its nowhere. And what about the bile vomit? I dunno... he's still acting normal and as long as he continues to pass stool, I guess he's fine. But I'm still very suspicious... I will feel so bad if I gave him all that peroxide for nothing!!

I work 7am-2pm tomorrow and James works 12pm-6pm, so there will only be 2 hrs of him being alone tomorrow, so we can watch him like a hawk. After tomorrow if everything is still going in and coming out ok, I will breathe again.


And thanks, to Kim for the info about shaking them up after giving the peroxide. I didn't know that and I just let him lay still. But if I ever have to do it again (and I pray to god I don't), I will remember that!

No comments: